Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Thanksgiving

November 20, 2017

So many things I want to say and not enough time to say them.  I've made it 9 months and today my watch band broke and my sandals are close too haha.

Today we went to Mercado Central in Fortaleza!  Foi awesome!!  It's basically a huge mall bargaining place.

Funny things from this week was when we were waiting for our investigator to come out of his house this old lady came up to us and started telling us to come pray on her grandchild. My comp started talking to her husband and she started talking to me.  But more she started dancing right in front of me and then she really started getting into it and started a rain dance of sorts. It all ended with mixing cake batter or something because of the dance. I don’t really remember what she said but then she got really close to my face and was like YOU KNOW!! And I was like wait what do I know??  Luckily at that point João, our super awesome investigator, came out of his house and we excused ourselves and went and talked to him. 

We also had the baptism of Luis this week and we ended up helping Irmão Geraldo and Luis become besties which is awesome because they're both just these happy-go-lucky older people and they make me laugh so hard.  We also invited Geraldo to baptize Luis and he was so excited because it was the first time he was asked. He was so pumped, but sadly the macação didn’t fit him and he was so sad because it was his first time helping with a baptism and it was his new best friend. But we all took pictures together and it cheered him right back up.  Luckily though Futuroso was still in the church building and he got to baptise Luis and it all worked out be cause he's friends with him too! 

Futuroso also gave us the biggest, bestest pieces of watermelon this week that after I ate it I didn’t think I was going to be able to move because it was so much melon and sooo good!!!

We also this week got to help pump people up for “meet up” a new activity for the youth and it was sooo fun!! The elders were crazy excited and some reminded me of Kyle.  Which actually was awesome because after the meet up one of our RC was like I am soo pumped for a mission now. I didn’t want to go, but now that’s all I want to do!! Soo awesome!!!

And two days this week we had cake for a little girl who's 4 and my best friend. She was so excited we came to eat cake with her. Another girl in our ala named Michele, who has the same b-day as Kyle, also had a cake. So it was great to eat cake with the family and think of my family doing the same. 

This week as we eat a bastante amount of food and are gathered with our friends and families I hope we all take the time to give thanks to Heavenly Father for all the wonderful things he has given us and how much love he has for us that he allowed us to come to earth to learn and grow and feel his love in all that we have and have the opurtiunity to live with him and our families again for eternity!  I am soo grateful for the gift of the atonement that makes it all possible for us, for the love Jesus and Heavenly Father have for us, for my family who has given me so much love and for the gospel in my life and the chance to share it with the rest of the world to help them know that they are loved so much more than they can even imagine and I hope everyone knows that that we are all loved more than we can imagine.  Alma 26:37 says it all well. 
I love you all sooo much!! And I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving week and take the time to think of all that has been given us and give thanks.  Have a great week!!!

Sister Neuberger

No comments:

Post a Comment