Thursday, July 6, 2017

Zoo Friends

Happy birthday America and Gina and happy national cheesecake day!!!! Hope you all see some great fireworks and eat some cheesecake for me.

We walked past the zoo this week on our super long walk to almoƧo!!  The zoo isn’t quiet the size of STL and the entrance reminds me of Turtle Back  Zoo in NJ, but anyway sadly, it's not open on Mondays. But on the plus side, because of the size of it, just walking by it we basically saw all of it. We just didn’t get to play on the playground.  But man was that a lot of walking from our house to another area for the bank back past our house to the end of our area for almoco.  Probably in total 6 miles of walking which doesn’t seem like a lot but when its hot it does.

We started teaching this amazing family this week and it all started because we were teaching a girl that lives on their street and the mom walked by and was like, "Really, your letting them teach you?" And then she shared her doubts with us. We said we could meet with her and answer all of her question. She said, "Uh, well yeah I guess." And then we had our first lesson with her and the spirit was so strong and she was like, "We'll all come to church on Sunday." Sadly her husband didn’t come, but her kids did and she and her kids loved it.  So now the hard part if she ends up wanting to be baptized she needs to get officially married to her boyfriend/husband.  She reminds me of Millie Black and a little of mom, so basically she's awesome!!!  Then on the walk home she talked to me the whole time and we talked about New York and how my Grandparents live in New Jersey. We also talked about how school works in the US.  It was so nice to talk!! Though it was hard because my Portuguese is still pretty rough, but she took the time to help me understand her questions and helped me make sense of what I was saying, its was awesome!!!

I think the Articles of Faith are so cool. We have 13 small articles that tell in simple form all that we believe.  It shows that the gospel can be so simple a child understands it yet also so grand that people study it forever. 

Have a fantastic week!!! Miss you all and love you all so much!!!

Sister Neuberger

D&C 123:17  I think this might be one of my new favorite scriptures! 

Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment