Saturday, July 1, 2017

Beans, Bean, and More Beans

June 12, 2017

So this week at Antonio’s he really wanted us to try his black beans so he came out with a huge plate of beans for both me and my comp.  We were like "ah okay" and graciously ate them and they were delicious. Just a lot of them!  The next day we went back and he was like, "Here try my brown beans." Another huge plate and we were like, "Ahh yea, more beans!" And then we continued to joke about it the rest of the day until the next day when we went back and he had us try his feijoada (Brazilian black bean stew) and then told us he was going to make some more beans for us the next day.  Luckily he had his baptism interview the next day so we could allow the elders to eat all the beans instead.  Basically if I never eat beans again I'd be okay, but that’s not really all possible right now hahaha. 

Prayer is so important. I know I talked about it last week, but I just wanted to reiterate it because just like communication is so important between people and we sometimes take it for granted, we shouldn’t because it's so important as I have learned very well here in Brazil because I cant say everything I want or understand everything. But I'm so grateful for the communication I do have and even more so the communication that I can have with my Heavenly Father who is always there, listening and ready to help us as we call on his name for that help.  Just like in Alma 37:36-37 we need to counsel with the Lord everyday and then we will find safety and peace. 

Not too much happened this week. We did help Antonio also get water from his well which was fun and really used that upper body strength.   And we got some amazingly delicious cake from some members after divisions! And we got Immanuel to come to church who we just casually ran into on the street the night before and he loved it.  He didn’t love the walk, but he loved church!! 

Have a great week and don’t forget to pray!  

Love you all!!!

Sister Neuberger
Alma 37:36-37

No comments:

Post a Comment